• Degroot’s Horticulture, Sarnia – A detailed look at the different aspects of horticulture. Each camper was provided with a tree to replant.
• Museum of Steam & Technology, Hamilton – An exploration of steam and water pumps.
• Wastewater Treatment Plant, Hamilton – A look at various stages of the water treatment process.
• Ecohouse, Hamilton – A look at solar energy and renewable resources.
• Sunlife Computer Systems, Kitchener –Students learned about the phone systems, computer servers, and technical problem solving skills required at this company.
• Cambridge Mack, Cambridge - Students spent the morning alongside master truck mechanics getting their hands greasy as they inspected a dump truck and learned about the engine.
• Grobe’s Nursery, Breslau– A look at various plants and aspects of working in a nursery. Campers were pleased to take home their own potted flower.
• Toyota Plant, Cambridge – A look at the variety of skilled trades involved in auto manufacturing.
• Melloul Blamey Construction Site, Waterloo – The campers toured a nearly-finished building and saw several skilled trades workers and apprentices involved in the process.
• Tomlinson Waste Management, Ottawa – A look at a construction material recycling and waste management landfill. This tour was a great opportunity to see what happens to leftover building materials as well as what kind of heavy machinery is used in such locations.
• Local 27 Carpenters’ Training Centre, Woodbridge – A tour of the facility and an introduction to the different kinds of machines and tools used. This tour included the hands-on construction of a wooden toolbox.
• Kirkland Lake Gold – A look at operations in the Crusher Mill.
• Kirkland Lake Power –Campers learned about the steps involved with power generation using natural gas and wood waste products.
• Ontario Power Generation, Sandy Falls – Much was learned at this very old hydro-electric power generating station with respect to the mechanics of creating electricity and the maintenance of the facility.
• Porcupine Joint Venture Mine Tour, Timmins – A look at the mining process and the enormous equipment used. Students were awed by the immense scale of the equipment and pit mine.
• Union Gas, Timmins, Sudbury, Thunder Bay – These sessions included an on-site tour of certain aspects of the Union Gas facility followed by several hands-on pipe-fitting activities (copper flaring, gas meter set-up and line-location).
• Lacasse Fine Wood Products, Sudbury – A look at a large selection of wood products, used in home decorating and hobby woodworking.