|Young Women’s Conferences|
For the twelfth consecutive year, Skills Canada – Ontario is proud to host the award-winning “Think Skills…Think Future!” Young Women’s Conferences. These conferences, held in conjunction with the Ontario Technological Skills Competition, are dedicated to showing female students that skilled trade and technology careers offer many great opportunities. In a friendly, casual environment, students are able to explore career options and practise their networking skills as they meet women that work in skilled trade and technology careers. These mentors discuss the rewards of their chosen career paths and provide advice, guidance and inspiration. The agenda also includes lunch, hands-on activities, and a tour of the Ontario Technological Skills Competition at RIM Park in Waterloo. Please consider joining us!
Holiday Inn Kitchener 9:00am - 1:45pm
Of interest: Looking for apprenticeship opportunities? Click here!
SCHOOL REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Please print the following flyers and promote the event at your school.
2. Review the POLICIES
3. Identify up to 8 girls at your school (to a maximum of 24 girls per school board per conference) who are interested in attending.
4. School registration is now open. Select the link below to access the School Registration Form. (REMEMBER registration is first come, first served and it is advisable to register as soon as possible to secure your student spaces).
5. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like additional students to be added to a wait list. If there are still spaces available after the registration deadline they will be redistributed to students on the waitlist.
6. Collect and bring all signed student waivers to the event. (NOTE: Students MUST have a signed waiver to participate; if parents do not want their child to be photographed, they must indicate this by writing a note on the waiver).
In Partnership with: