||Skills Canada – Ontario is proud to offer the “Skills Work!® for Women” Networking Dinner Series across the province. These inspiring career exploration events foster a positive environment in which young women in grades 9-12 have the opportunity to meet and network with tradeswomen from their community.
Over the course of the evening, students will have a chance to learn about each mentor’s career journey and experiences. Students can also find out what they need to begin doing now to pursue their future career goals and aspirations.
It promises to be an inspiring night for all as students learn how to make connections and informed decisions about their future.
Please consider joining us! See below for a list of 2012 – 2013 dates and locations. Specific registration deadlines and more details will soon be available for each dinner - click on a location for that event's flyer (as available).
Looking for apprenticeship opportunities? Click here!
SCHOOL REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Note: A Teacher or Board Contact must complete the school registration. If you are a student who is interested in participating, please speak to your teacher.
1. Print off the following resources and promote the event at your school.
- EVENT FLYER Available in the table listing below.
- SIGN-UP / REFERENCE SHEET
2. Identify girls at your school who are interested in attending.
3. Prior to the registration deadline listed on the flyer, return to the website and select the link below to access the School Registration Form:
• ONLINE SCHOOL REGISTRATION FORM
- To complete the on-line registration simply fill in the require fields that appear on the form. These fields will correspond to the information you have collected on the sign-up/reference sheet.
- Note that one complimentary educator space is available to each participating school -- registration for this space can be completed on the school registration form. Additional educators must fill out a guest registration form. A guest registration fee of $35 applies.
4. Collect and bring all signed student waivers to the event. (NOTE: Students MUST have a signed waiver to participate; if parents do not want their child to be photographed, they must indicate this by writing a note on the waiver).
A mentor is a woman who works, trains or teaches in a skilled trade or technology field and is willing to share her positive career experiences with the student participants through informal networking activities. For further details on the role of a mentor, please review these MENTOR PREPARATION TIPS.
To register as a mentor, please select this link: ONLINE MENTOR REGISTRATION FORM.
A guest is classified as an educator, parent, dignitary, community partner or other interested party. A guest registration fee of $35 applies.
To register as a guest, please select this link: ONLINE GUEST REGISTRATION FORM
Please consider providing financial support for the Skills Work!® For Women Networking Dinners through a level of sponsorship. Skills Canada – Ontario would appreciate greatly any contribution you or your company/organization could provide to help us manage the increasing costs of this important mentoring opportunity. Your sponsorship of this event would be a great connection with the community and allow us to highlight you as a new or returning partner at the event as well as on our promotional materials.
If you have any questions, or would like more information, please contact the Skills Canada Ontario’s Networking Events Team: April Albano, email@example.com or Shannon Skinner, firstname.lastname@example.org.