Work With Us
Looking for a rewarding career promoting the skilled trades and technologies to Ontario's youth? We're looking for collaborative leaders with a passion for the skilled trades and technologies.
Skills Ontario has offices across Ontario. Current employment opportunities are available at: www.charityvillage.ca.
We're always looking for talented individuals to join our team! Even if there aren't any current employment opportunities send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll keep it on file for future opportunities.
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
Skills Ontario – Liaison Officer
Skills Ontario is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting careers in the skilled trades and technologies to Ontario youth through a variety of programs and competitions across the province. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment, flexible schedules and a real opportunity to make a difference!
Skills Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
LIAISON OFFICER *sample job posting*
FULL TIME (35 HOURS/WEEK)
$20.00/HOUR + GROUP EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
The successful candidate will inform and inspire young people about the first-choice career opportunities that exist in the skilled trades and technologies, through the following activities:
- Booking and facilitating presentations to promote awareness of career opportunities in the skilled trades and technologies
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with school boards and other stakeholders
- Organizing events to bring together local skilled trades professionals and youth; including managing student recruitment, organizing venue logistics, etc.
- Facilitating other events and programs as required (e.g. summer camps, cardboard boat races)
- Other duties as assigned
Each Liaison Officer is responsible for a specific region in the province of Ontario. Depending on the area, staff may work out of Skills Ontario’s head office in Kitchener, or a satellite office in another region. Daily travel to areas within one’s region is required, along with occasional travel to other areas of Ontario.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience in delivering workshops/presentations; experience presenting to youth is an asset
- Prior knowledge of and/or experience with skilled trade and technology occupations is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to make outbound calls and visits
- Experience in coordinating and delivering events
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Willingness to travel as required
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle is required; reimbursement is paid for travel
- Post-Secondary Graduate or equivalent experience
- Fluency in French is an asset and required for some areas (e.g. Ottawa, Sudbury)
The normal working hours are from Monday to Friday, 8:30AM to 4:30PM with exceptions.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in working with Skills Ontario in this capacity, send a resume and cover letter in PDF format outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Your application will be kept on file and you may be contacted if and when there is a relevant opening.
At Skills Ontario, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy environment for all youth. As such, the selected candidate will be required to submit references and a vulnerable sectors–criminal records check.
We look forward to working with you!